Monday, August 12, 2013

Drawer Organization

I'm 33 weeks along now and things are starting to get real! I've had a few panicky moments when I started to think about how I'll be full-term in less than a month and there's still so much to do.

I bought some Ikea Scubb drawer organizers ages ago, but I've been putting off the actual organizing part. A post from Svenny today inspired me to get started and I'm so glad I did. I washed all the clothes, towels, blankets, etc. with All Free & Clear and got to work. It took about 5 hours, mostly because I kept scrutinizing all the clothes and sleep sacks trying to figure out sizes of things. It would be super helpful if different companies could agree on how big each size should be, but apparently they think new moms need an added challenge.

In my pinterest/google search for tips on organizing a nursery dresser, I noticed that there aren't many good examples out there that really describe what to put inside. I found several great blogs with photos of open drawers to use as inspiration, but I thought I would label everything in mine in hopes that it can help others in their organizing journey. I suspect that I will make changes as I go, but for now this system made sense for me.





The canisters on top of the dresser will hold things like nail clippers, nasal aspirator, thermometer, and creams. All other clothes will be hung in the closet, which still needs a lot of work. But for now, I'm happy to get a big job crossed off my list!

No comments:

Post a Comment