Sunday, December 15, 2013

Three Month Thrills

Raeyn Drop turned three months old yesterday! How the heck did that happen?



We celebrated by having our first date night out! My good friend from Canada came to visit us this week, and last night after we put the baby to bed she stayed to watch her while T and I went out to a nice dinner. I am so glad that our first "babysitter" could be someone we know and trust, and someone who is so great with Raeyn Drop!

She is still usually waking up 4-6 times a night, but we had one miraculous night last week when she slept from 6:30pm-4:30AM and then went back down easily at 4:45AM until 6:45AM! I am still in shock that we got TEN straight hours, and I have a sneaking suspicion that it won't happen again for a loooooong time. Someone told me this can start to happen when babies double their birth weight (which she did this week), but I'm not super optimistic since the next night she was up almost every hour.

My favorite thing is about this period in her life is that Raeyn Drop smiles and giggles all the time (when she's not tired), especially when daddy plays with her toes or when I sing silly songs and laugh along with her. Also when I first turn the light on in the morning and unwrap her swaddle she shoots her hands up in the air and gives me a giant smile!


She usually takes a nap in her bouncer about an hour and twenty minutes after she wakes up in the morning. Then the rest of the day she naps in her swing or car seat. I always start to try getting her to sleep about an hour after she wakes up, in hopes that I'll be successful before she's been awake for 90 minutes; that seems to be her super cranky tipping point! Getting her to nap generally involves tucking her in with a fuzzy blanket, giving her a WubbaNub pacifier, and swinging or bouncing until her eyes start to close. Naps become more difficult and shorter as the day goes on.


Nighttime sleep is easier to come by. Around 6pm I get her undressed, put some lotion on her chest and forehead (she loves this), put on a diaper, long sleeved onesie, socks, and Halo swaddle sleep sack. Then I turn the lights off, nurse her, and put her down in her crib awake. Sometimes I give her a WubbaNub, but usually she just falls asleep on her own! Unfortunately she usually wakes up about 40-60 minutes later needing the WubbaNub, but at least it gives me some time to cook and eat dinner with T.

2 comments:

  1. wow ....! lovely baby. I wish I was a baby born like this baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really awesome idea!!! Thank for sharing with us. Very usefull & informative blog you write! Best strollers reviews Best double stroller

    ReplyDelete