Tuesday, March 26, 2013

A long time ago, in a galaxy...

So T and I have a longstanding joke with each other where I try to trick him into saying it's a girl and he tries to trick me into saying it's a boy. But the reality is I really wanted our first to be a girl.

Over the last week or so, I've started assuming this baby is going to be a boy. Partly because of the whole Ramzi's Method thing, and partly because of Murphy's Law and the fact that it's nearly impossible for me to find a boy's name I like. So I've been preparing in my head as though this baby is a boy, and I started thinking seriously about names and nursery decor.

Now I really want a boy.

I have a first name picked out. (When I casually mentioned it to T, he said he didn't hate it... That's all the input I need, right? :P ) And the nursery is going to be... STAR WARS!

I asked T how he would feel about a Star Wars-themed nursery and he was totally on board. Now I just need to make sure it turns out more subtle/simple rather than filling the room with Star Wars merchandise.

If we close on the house we want, this will be the room I have to work with:


I'm in love with this print, so I'll probably start with it and use its colors throughout the room:


It's a work in progress, but here is the beginning of my idea. The other side of the room would have our existing dresser with a changing pad on top, another Star wars-themed piece of art, and two light-saber night lights on the wall (T's favorite part).



2 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE this. LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE. We were considering a Star Wars nursery theme or nintendo theme if O had turned out to be a boy. I think this is great and I absolutely hope you put updates on the progress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lady! We will find out tomorrow one way or another. Though I'm now leaning more towards decorating the room based on a color scheme rather than an actual theme. After buying a house, two couches, a dining room set, new furniture for the master bedroom, a lawn mower, a closet system, a car, etc, etc... a bunch of star wars stuff is starting to seem like an unnecessary expense!

      Delete