Monday, March 25, 2013

Sequential Screening

I had my 13-week sequential screening appointment today. Originally I wasn't going to do it because my insurance company told me it wouldn't be covered and I would have to pay $1,061. Then last week my doctor somehow magically got them to approve it. Apparently their definition of "medically necessary" is different from mine!

T couldn't come because he had back-to-back meetings all afternoon. The ultrasound tech was really sweet and she spent a good twenty minutes waiting for Raeyn Drop to turn the right way so she could see what she needed to. As a result, I got to watch the baby wiggling around for a while. I'm fairly certain Raeyn Drop was mocking us.




The baby never did cooperate (clearly he takes after his father), but she was able to get one shot of the nuchal translucency. Apparently it measured 1.5mm, and less than 3mm is good. I'll have to wait a week for the results from the blood tests. The heart beat was a solid 167 and the tech said that growth was on track.

Now I have to wait another 7 weeks before I get to see the baby again!

4 comments:

  1. So happy for an update. Miss your around the board. Hope all is well. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! So glad to see an update from you! I was wondering if you dropped off the grid. LOL. Glad Raeyn drop had good measurements but that's a good solid high heartbeat. You might be baking a little she in there! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies! I know I don't update much -- I just haven't had anything to say!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had mine on the 19th and am still waiting to hear back the results.
    My baby didn't move much either and my measurement was the same.
    I wasn't initially going to do it either, but 8 weeks - 20 is a long time and I'm happy I got to see the baby looking like a baby.

    ReplyDelete