Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Ultrasound

T and I went to see Dr. B today for the first time. She and her staff were absolutely wonderful, and I'm quite happy with my choice. She did do an ultrasound, which was such a relief!

At first, the screen was tilted away from me so T could see it and I couldn't. It was so cool to watch the awe and excitement on his face as he saw our baby for the first time. Then he turned to the doctor and asked, "Why are there three little kidney shaped things?" Har, har, har. The doctor and I both chuckled and she assured me there was only one.


Dr. B said that everything seemed great and the heartbeat was very strong! I was measuring at 6 weeks and 5 days so I guess that moves my due date back a couple days, although she didn't specifically say. I will be seeing her every four weeks until July and then every two weeks after that. I still can't believe this is really happening!

I had told T about Ramzi's Method of fetal gender identification, so he asked the doctor what side the placenta was on. According to Ramzi I'm having a boy -- I'm curious to see if it ends up being true for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment