Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year!

So I guess it's 2013 now. I'm not sure how that happened!

T and I flew back to Chicago yesterday after visiting his family for ten days at their farm. We are both finally starting to feel better after our illnesses, but he hurt his back during our trip so we decided to have a low-key night. We enjoyed a lovely dinner at a local Italian restaurant and then rang in the new year watching Men in Black 3 on our couch.


I've never been one to make New Year's resolutions, as I feel like it's silly to wait for January 1st to try to change or make an improvement in your life. I'm just going to keep plugging along with the things I was already working on:

1) Improve how I handle anxiety about my job.
2) Take more responsibility for things like insurance, utility bills, and home maintenance.

So far I haven't had much luck with #1, as I'm already nearly in tears just thinking about going back to work on Thursday. Hopefully I will be able to figure something out, as all the stress is just making it hard to do my job at all. Fingers crossed that the summer comes quickly and next year's class isn't quite so emotionally draining.

No comments:

Post a Comment