Saturday, January 5, 2013

I'm putting what up the what now?

I have an aversion to sticking things in my vagina. That may sounds somewhat counterproductive to TTC, but it's true.

I used to have a fair bit of pain every time I had sex, and my doctor did absolutely nothing to determine the cause of the problem. I even went so far as to bring in a photo of the blood that would appear after banging boots, but she just told me it was all in my head.

After about two years of this (and very little sex), it randomly started to get better. Then when T and I decided to start TTC last April, I went off birth control pills and POOF! Magically I was all better.

Even though it hasn't bothered me in the last nine months, I'm still nervous sometimes that it will hurt. It's like my brain has been conditioned to think that putting anything up there is a bad idea. So a few months ago when someone suggested I temp vaginally, I was all like,


Combined with OPKs, I've always been able to see a temp shift; but I do occasionally wake up with my mouth slightly open, and it can drive me crazy not knowing if my temps are reliable. After last cycle's frustrating randomness and this cycle's 11 days of laziness, I figured it might be a good time to give it a try.

So yesterday morning at 5 AM, I stuck a thermometer up my vagina. Now I feel silly that it's not even remotely a big deal. And bonus -- the quieter beeping this morning allowed my dog to sleep through it!

No comments:

Post a Comment