Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Sick of it


Looking back at my charts, I started coughing twelve weeks ago. After finishing the final round of antibiotics/steroids on December 5th, the coughing was very mild so I figured it would eventually go away.

No such luck. Last night I was hacking up my lungs again and couldn't fall alseep. WHAT. THE. FUCK? I seriously took a pregnancy test at 8 DPO this morning just so I wouldn't be nervous about stuffing my system full of cough medicine. I feel ridiculous even putting an 8 DPO BFN on my chart. Grumblegrumblegrumble.

4 comments:

  1. Have they done any testing? Obviously whatever you have doesn't seem to be going away. Hope you feel better soon lady.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went to the doctor after coughing for 2.5 weeks. Doctor told me it was viral bronchitis and I just had to wait it out. He listened to my lungs and gave me cough medicine.

      I went back at 4 weeks (coughing got worse and I could barely function). Doctor told me it was bacterial bronchitis and maybe a "little bit" of pneumonia. He gave me antibiotics and a broncho-dilator.

      I went back at 5 weeks (still coughing badly, though not as horrendously after the z-pack). He finally ordered a chest x-ray.

      Doctor said he only saw a "tiny bit" of pneumonia and didn't understand why I hadn't gotten better. Part of me thinks he was saving face for not prescribing antibiotics in the very beginning before it got worse.

      He gave me more antibiotics and steroids.

      When I was done with those, I was almost all better - just coughing a little each morning and then usually fine for the rest of the day.

      Bah. I ditched him as a doctor but I still haven't found a new one.

      Delete
  2. Oh man. That sounds terrible. I hope you can find a new Dr and feel better soon. (Sueann911 on TB)

    ReplyDelete