Sunday, January 6, 2013

Mom's Guide to Getting Pregnant

This morning, while lying in bed, T told me that his mother is very anxious for us to have a kid. Apparently this is something they talked about at length when we were visiting over the holidays. My mother-in-law is truly wonderful, but I am really glad that she did not have this conversation with me. Apparently it went something like this:

T (downplaying how long we've been trying): Well, we've had some bad luck with timing.
MIL: What do you mean? When did she stop taking birth control?
T: Last spring.
MIL: That's a long time!
T: But I've been traveling a lot.
MIL: Oh! :pouty face: Well you're not going to be traveling all the time, are you?
T: No, it's calmed down a lot.
MIL: Are you having sex every day?
T: No, she's taking her temperature and using ovulation tests to figure out when she ovulates.
MIL: You should try having sex every day. You wouldn't mind that!
T: Thanks, mom.

Apparently he has a very different relationship with his mom than I have with mine! And now T thinks we should try having sex every day.

2 comments:

  1. LOL- I just found your blog! Hiya!

    Anyways, I'm sorry but I don't think my dh and his mil would have had this conversation. He doesn't want to talk about sex at all to his mother (which I don't blame him as she is an over sharer. ack) I am so sorry that your H was put in such an awkward conversation and now thinks that he has to do it every day. =( Hopefully you'll be able to show him otherwise. lol. Good luck!. - Charmed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, T understands charting and how everything works, so he knows we don't HAVE to do it every day. :P In reality, neither of us have the time and we're both too stressed out. We seriously hit just three days this cycle, all in my fertile window.

      Delete